Greenhouses are ideal for growing plants using all methods of in-ground or soilless farming. Below are example layouts of Bioponica grow beds within the greenhouse.
Because the cost of the greenhouse can be high, one of the first considerations is the “square foot space utilization”. Aquaponics can pose a problem if tanks are separate from tables and they take up space in the greenhouse. The return on investment is higher with plants, so total plant grow area should be given priority. Bioponica grow tables are designed with aquaponic fish tanks below the grow beds so as to not take up any room.
The added benefits of water tanks under plant beds as well as the Bioponica systems in general, can be read in more detail on our FAQ page by following the links below...
- Thermal mass storage provides free energy in the form of improved temperature control.
- CO2 release from tanks below plant beds adds gives us a “greenhouse gas” we can use
- Optional mini-greenhouse, shade and cold frame enclosures for grow beds
- Modularity of systems in greenhouse ideal for comparative research assessments.
- Gutter connected rooftops with storage and auto-integration to tables for daily top off.